15.1.07

if it fits...


Sometimes you find that a situation just fits. So far, that's what I'm feeling with this semester - I love my roommates (not that I didn't last semester, but sometimes switching it up can be for the better), I'm less shaky about my major, and I have a good church, a job, and I can relax and make the most of things. The last few days have been some of the most fun since I've been at school. My roommates made me a collage (above). I've learned how to play Guitar Hero (getting better) and Dance Dance Revolution (I'm hopeless). I spent the afternoon thrift-store shopping and went for coffee to a cozy little bistro where I had a great time eating lemon bars and laughing hysterically with eight girls on my floor while it snowed outside. Today I went sledding with a group of people from my hall at a hill near our parking lot. It was a blast, but painful. I disovered that I am not the best at steering (it is not the best to discover this at high speed, careening toward a light post.) I tried to bail. Didn't make it. Got a nasty jolt...but ended up laughing anyway. I realise that at some point (soon) it's not going to be all fun and games, and I'm going to have to buckle down and focus on things like sociology papers and less-than-enjoyable botany labs. But it just seems like a good foot to start the semester off on.

1 comment:

emily said...

Sounds like a fantabulous start to the semester :-)