24.9.06

yosakoi


(bottom pic from pbase.com)

This is what I'm going to be doing here at school. It's a form of Japanese dance, combining traditional movements with modern music. It's energetic. It's fun. And it's tricky.

I found out about yosakoi a couple of weeks ago as I was walking around campus, and saw several students learning the moves from an instructor. Intrigued, I watched them for awhile. The students were learning the dance so they could teach other students at an official class later in the week.

Today I went back and this time joined in. The people were so nice and funny, so it didn't feel strange to be awkwardly jumping around to music I didn't know. My first "official" class is Tuesday night, and I'm looking forward to it.

1 comment:

Junsui said...

That looks really cool! Learn lots, so you can teach me some at camp, kay?