15.2.07

you don't know what you've got...

They say you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone.

Recently on campus, a bicycle turned up lodged in the branches of a very tall tree. It was definitely a conversation piece for everyone walking along the sidewalk between classes. I don't know how many people I saw stepping off the path to take a picture of it on their phones. It was a random object that made us realise that sometimes the important question is not "why?" but "how?" (It was a pretty tall tree - I really want to know how they did get it up there.) I kept wanting to take a picture of it, but always forgot my camera. Then, after almost a week, it was gone. It was up in the tree when I walked into class, and when I came back, it wasn't.

Weird to say, but I kind of wish it was back there. I'm just waiting for it to turn up in another tree somewhere else...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Funny! I wish you had taken a picture. Maybe next time a bike turns up in a tree...

Reese