5.2.07

busy busy

I guess the one good thing about not having any posts lately is that I've actually been getting some stuff accomplished here. Since the last post I have successfully:

- conducted my first interview for News & Feature Writing class
- tested my spit for enzymes in Botany
- begun applying for my passport
- recovered from the trauma of realizing how much it's actually going to cost to go to Japan
- survived my first meeting as President of our school's Orthodox Christian Fellowship
- restrained myself from beating my dormroom computer after two weeks of next-to-nonexistent internet connection
- started learning a new Yosakoi dance that's harder than all the other ones I've learned combined

Yeah, it's definitely different than last semester.

5 comments:

Sonnjea said...

VERY busy busy.

BTW, I like the green background.

Junsui said...

Dates are July 29-Aug 4. But, unfortunately, the price has gone up this year, with a better camp and all. I don't know how that works for counselors though...

President of your school's OCF, huh? Impressive. My college doesn't even have an OCF. I actually think I'm the only Orthodox student there...

emily said...

My college doesn't even have an OCF. I actually think I'm the only Orthodox student there...

Ditto to that. I actually had to explain to our interfaith chaplain what the Orthodox Church *was*. I'm kinda jealous of your OCF...:-)

I have a question, and you seem like the right person to ask: my little sister has developed a deep and abiding interest in Japan. We've started checking out books, websites, etc. We even went to the Asian market and tried some new foods (I think bean cakes are her new favorite). Our local library is woefully bereft of good books on or about Japan. Do you have any suggestions?

Greta said...

Hmmm...I am by no means an expert on things Japanese. However, I really did enjoy learning how to make origami cranes (http://www.sadako.com/fold/folding.html) has excellent instructions. Hannah also might be interested in learning the history and proper way of wearing kimono, or about the tea ceremony (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_tea_ceremony)as well. Other things I've enjoyed are learning how to play go, a strategy game kind of like pente, and perfecting my chopsticks skills. Of course there's always yosakoi or kendo if there are classes in your area...I'm going to learn how to cook some Japanese food tomorrow night, so maybe I'll do an upcoming post about that. Good luck - it's a really fun country to be interested in!

Mom2Amara said...

News and Features Writing? How'd the interview go? My motto is it's always easier to be in the background than in front of the camera!