5.1.07

some random things

I've really wanted to upload some pictures lately, but since my USB cable is 70 miles away and my brother's doesn't fit my camera, that's going to have to wait until I finish settling into my new dorm. I've got a photo essay on what I got for Christmas in the works, but it's not finished yet. In its stead is a meme stolen, once again, from Sonnjea B. I'm going to try to limit myself to one of these a month. Maybe two. But while I'm waiting for high speed internet and photo uploading capablities, here is the Alphabet meme, each question starting with the letters of the alphabet (in order). Enjoy.

Available/Single? Depends on who wants to know.

Best Friend? Confusing question, this. If it’s asking if I have one, I would say yes. Probably two. Maybe three. If it’s asking if I am one…you’d have to ask someone else.

Cake or Pie? Pie. And none of those fruity things either, although rhubarb and mulberry pie must be given credit where credit is due. I usually go for the denser ones: pumpkin, chocolate, coconut crème. The more calories per square inch, the better.

Drink Of Choice? This honour absoloutely goes to grapefruit-tangerine juice. Though to be fair, passionfruit chai and hot cocoa have their merits as well.

Essential Item You Use Everyday? Hooded sweatshirt, now that it’s winter. An online quiz I took about ‘what part of fall are you’ had it right when it compared me to apple cider: ‘downright nasty when cold.’

Favourite Colour? Don’t have one, although there are shades of every colour I like. The blue of sky in September, green of spring leaves, maple-leaf red, pumpkin orange and sagebrush purple are just a few that amaze me.

Gummy Bears Or Worms? Neither. Haribo wine gums would be my chewy candy of choice, although I’ve decided that I don’t like ingesting candies whose primary ingredient is…fake sugar? This includes fruit roll-up and Jell-O.

Hometown? Small. Farming community. Midwest. Where exactly? Wouldn’t you like to know.

Indulgence? A beautifully bound journal and nice pen. There’s nothing like opening up an inviting-looking binding and flipping through miles of empty pages…and thinking of all the things to fill those pages with!

January Or February? I honestly don’t know. January has New Years, February has Valentine’s Day. January is partially taken up by winter break, but February is closer to summer vacation. I don’t know…I guess it’s January now, and it’s not so bad, so January it is.

Kids & Their Names? Not quite there yet. Although I’ve been thinking about names lately, mostly boys’ – Neville, Seamus, Ambrose, Audio Science…oh wait, that one’s taken. In all seriousness, I would never give my kid a first name that would cause them to be taunted for eternity, or at least have a passable shortened form. However, middle names are up for grabs.

Life Is Incomplete Without? Love. I know, so cheesy. So cliché. So true.

Marriage Date? Not there yet either.

Number Of Siblings? One brother.

Oranges Or Apples? Hmmm, a conundrum. Oranges are so juicy without being over-sweet and they make killer cider. Apples are crunchy and tangy and you can make pies out of them. With oranges, you can’t eat the outside. Apples, you can’t eat the inside. Both make great juice. With apples, you can spread them with peanut butter, and stick in a toothpick with a piece of cheese and call it a boat. Can you do that to an orange? I didn’t think so. Apples win this round.

Phobias/Fears? Oh, there are so many. To name a few: busy traffic, small dogs, clowns, falling and hitting my head while running and having no one know where I am, oversleeping and missing class, speaking to large groups, walking in front of the fire station while there’s a fire across town and getting run over by the hook-and-ladder truck that suddenly appears out of the garage, the monster I know is lurking under my bed…okay, so maybe I have an overactive imagination…

Quote, Favorite? I have waaaay too many. In that case, I’ll go with my most recent, from The Matrix:
Oracle: I’d ask you to sit down, but you’re not going to, anyway. And don’t worry about the vase.
Neo: What vase? *Knocks over a vase of flowers and breaks it*
Oracle: That vase.
Neo: I’m sorry.
Oracle: I said don’t worry about it. I’ll get one of my kids to fix it.
Neo: How did you know?
Oracle: Ohh, what’s really going to bake your noodle later on is, would you still have broken it if I hadn’t said anything?

Reason to Smile? What? There are reasons not to smile?

Season? Probably fall. Changing leaves, cool nights, warm days...ahhh.

Tag Three People? Never. I want absoloutely everyone to do this meme, if they so desire.

Unknown Fact About Me? I like jazz. Wow, it took long enough to come up with something...

Vegetable you don’t like? Used to be most of them, but I’m getting better. The untouchable list has diminished to only cauliflower, most squashes and the occasional radish.

Worst Habit? Talking about myself all the time. Oh wait…

X-rays You’ve Had? None that I remember, unless you count the zillion dental slides I got before getting braces.

Your Favourite Food? I’m going to make that foods. Right now I really like sushi, Indian food, chicken shawarma and chicken enchiladas. Oh, and anything you can eat with chopsticks.

Zodiac Sign? Capricorn, but I have no idea what that means.

4 comments:

Word Imp said...

Interesting Greta. Nice to know a bit more about you.

thethinker said...

I feel the same way about the best friend thing. I have multiple best friends but I've got no idea if they consider me in the same light.

No fruity pies? What about apple pie?!

Shelby said...

Very interesting!

shing said...

I read your meme and answered the questions myself. Thanks for sharing more of who you are to the world of blogging! :)